Enjoy a fun-filled, day-long tour of the breathtakingly-beautiful wonderland that is Mount Rainier National Park. Heading south from Seattle, we’ll enter through the Nisqually Park entrance and continue up the scenic, winding road to the new Paradise Jackson Visitor Center at an elevation of 5,400 feet.
The tour of Mt. Rainier will delight you with its vast expanses of pristine old-growth evergreen forests, gorgeous subalpine flower meadows and spectacular alpine vistas. Our nation’s fifth-oldest national park features magnificent rivers, mountain lakes, waterfalls and wildlife, and boasts the greatest single-peak glacial system in the United States. Glaciers radiate from the summit of the 14,411-foot inactive volcano, many of which are visible from your tour.
The seasons, weather, and elevation partially determine what you’ll see on your tour. Paradise is usually snow-free by July, with alpine flowers appearing shortly thereafter. Mount Rainier itself may be shrouded in clouds at any time of year.
Besides snow-capped Mt Rainier, your tour includes glacial moraines, the Longmire Visitor Center and Museum, Narada Falls, Reflection Lake and Christine Falls. The Paradise Jackson Visitor Center offers various ranger-led interpretive talks about the mountain and its glaciers and wildlife. There’s also a picnic area and dining room food service, gift shop and rest facilities. Also, be sure to bring a sack lunch or money to purchase food at the Visitor Center concession. During the weekdays, mid October-April, there are limited food services available in the National Park. Customers will have an opportunity to purchase food en route. Also, the Henry M Jackson Visitor Center located at Paradise, has limited hours during these months. On weekdays when the Visitor Center is closed, our tour will still visit Paradise if road conditions allow.
Traveling in a group of 7 or more? Consider booking this trip as a private tour.
November - April (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
May - October, 7 days a week
Stops at Jackson Visitor Center, Longmire Visitor Center, and Narada Falls
Seen on this Tour
- Mt Rainier
- Glacial Moraines
- Reflection Lake
- Christine Falls
- Rural Countryside
- Scenic Waterfalls
Things to know before you go
- Hotel pickup: We pick up at most major hotels in Downtown Seattle and some in SeaTac. When booking, if your hotel is not listed, a general location closest to your hotel will be given.
- What’s Included: Transportation, pick up and drop off, professional, knowledgeable tour guide and water provided.
- What’s Excluded: Meals are not provided; be sure to bring a sack lunch or money to purchase food/snacks. Gratuity is not included but appreciated and graciously accepted.
- Additional Information: Bring a jacket, since even in summer Paradise can be cool and often breezy. We allow ample stops for you to photograph the awe-inspiring scenery around you, so do not forget your camera! Snow and animals are seasonal, and their abundance may vary. Your guide’s route may vary based on weather and road conditions and he will make necessary changes to enhance your Mt. Rainier tour experience. During the wintertime snowshoeing and sledding are available if conditions allow. Tour is subject to weather conditions and park closures. We need a minimum of 6 reservations in order to operate the tour.
- Cancellation policy: In order to receive a refund, reservation must be cancelled by guest at least 24 hours prior to your departure date.