Olympic National Park is well known for having several different ecosystems to explore: subalpine forest, wildflower meadows, temperate rain-forest, and the rugged saltwater shore. This twelve-hour tour allows you to sample each of these systems with the added advantage of having an experienced guide to answer any questions that may arise. Come explore tide pools along the coastal beaches, roam among old-growth forest, trek atop mountain ridges with breathtaking vistas and stand by glacier-birthed rivers and lakes. The tour begins on a leisurely ferry boat ride over the Puget Sound to the Olympic Peninsula. We will move on to Hurricane Ridge, Crescent Lake, Marymere Falls, Sol Duc Valley, and time permitting, a sandy beach along the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Please plan on approximately five miles of walking if you wish to follow along with the group. The route can vary based on weather and road conditions and changes may be necessary in order to enhance your Olympic Park tour experience.
April – October (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
(Season, tide schedules and weather determine timing and stops)
- Hurricane Ridge: Views of the Olympic Mountains from a mile high, hiking, food, a gift shop, wildlife, seasonal snowshoeing
- Crescent Lake: A gorgeous, glacier carved lake that is so clear you can see down to the bottom of the lake. Trails are lined with tall mossy trees adding to the serenity of the forest.
- Salt Creek Recreation Area: Sea-stack rock formations, sandy beach and tide pools to explore. (Tide dependent)
- Elwah River: Optional stops depending the day, waterfalls, big trees, the largest dam removal and wildlife rehabilitation project in the world.
- Sol Duc Valley: Optional stop depending on the day featuring Sol Duc Falls, Salmon Cascades and old growth forest.
- Seattle Ferry Terminal: Ferry rides, round trip. Glide across the Puget Sound to access the Peninsula where to National Park is. There are great views of the Islands and Downtown Seattle.
Things to know before you go
- Hotel pickup: We pick up and drop off at selected locations in downtown Seattle, along with one general pick up location in the Port Angeles area. Unfortunately, this tour will not pick up in the SeaTac area.
- What’s Included: Air-conditioned vehicle, round trip ferry ride, park entrance and ferry fees
- What’s Excluded: Meals are not provided; be sure to bring a sack lunch or money to purchase food/snacks. Gratuity is appreciated and graciously accepted
- What to Wear: Dress in layers, be prepared for a possible 30-degree temperature change, hiking boots or shoes with good tread preferably waterproof. Walking sticks are encouraged.
- Additional Information: Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level that can walk a minimum of 5 miles on flat and uneven terrain. Not recommended for passengers with back problems, heart or other serious medical conditions. This tour is not wheelchair accessible. Guides route can vary based on weather and road conditions and will make necessary changes to enhance your Olympic Park tour experience.
- Cancellation policy: In order to receive a refund reservation must be cancelled by guest at least 24 hours prior to your departure date. This tour/activity is subject to weather conditions and minimum of 6 reservations.