Let Customized Tours take you on a Leavenworth winter sleigh ride plus enjoy the picturesque annual Christmas Lights Festival at the Bavarian-themed mountain village of Leavenworth, Washington.
Begin your day enjoy morning breakfast snacks as we ferry you via bus through the majestic Cascade Mountains to one of Leavenworth’s popular sleigh rides provide by Red Tail Canyon Farm or Icicle Outfitters.
Upon arriving at Red Tail Canyon Farm or Icicle Outfitters you'll snuggle under wool blankets as you glide through a winter wonderland in a custom-built sleigh (enjoy a wagon ride when snow conditions do not allow). Sit back and relax as you ride over trails, fields, and through woods, as you are pulled by Belgian and Suffolk Draft Horses.
At the conclusion of the ride, warm yourself by the fire, enjoy a hot drink, and pose for pictures with the horses before you are whisked away to the nearby town of Leavenworth. In Leavenworth, browse and shop the village’s quaint old-world themed shops, savor authentic German food from street stands and local eateries, enjoy live outdoor entertainment, and splurge on a horse-drawn winter carriage ride.
On Sundays gather at dusk for the Christmas Lights ceremony at the town promenade and marvel as Christmas trees suddenly burst ablaze in hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights. Christmas lights can be enjoyed on Fridays as well, but the ceremonies only occur on Sundays.
Afterward, relax on your comfortable trip home filled with the holiday spirit, and treasured lifetime memories.
Month of December (Friday and Sundays)
(Order may vary depending on weather)
- Stevens or Blewett Pass
- Designated Restroom Stops
- Cascade Mountains
- Food & Shopping in the Bavarian Village
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride
- Red Tail or Icicle Outfitters Farm
- Lighting Ceremony (Sunday’s ONLY)
Things to know before you go
- Hotel pickup: We do not offer hotel pick up for this tour. Pickup is promptly at 7:00 AM for all passengers from the Museum of Pop Culture (formerly named Experience Music Project) located at 325 5th Avenue North by the Seattle Center. Please be waiting under the silver side of building, near the bus turnaround. All day parking is available for a fee at the Bill and Melinda Gates Parking Garage located across the street at 500 5th Ave N.
- What’s Included: Transport via comfortable coach, driver/guide, pickup and drop-off from the Museum of Pop Culture, light snacks and bottled water provided round trip, informational flyer on activities and places to eat, Christmas music and movies, sleigh ride tickets and all taxes are included.
- What’s Excluded: Meals are not provided. An opportunity to purchase food will be provided. Gratuity is not included but appreciated and graciously accepted.
- Additional Information: Advance reservations required. Designated restroom stops are available. We recommend you eat as soon as you arrive Leavenworth as restaurants fill up quickly as the day progresses. Please make sure to check with your driver or host once you arrive in Leavenworth to confirm if the bus will be available for you to return to should you leave items on board. A minimum of 10 passengers is required to run the tour.
PARKING LOT RECOMMENDATION: use the parking lot across the street from the MoPOP at 516 Harrison Street Seattle, WA 98109 as they have 24-hour parking and others in the area do not. A 13-hour parking time slot should be sufficient for the day. Entrances are on Harrison Street and Republican Street just east of 5th Ave N. Note: the parking lot at the MoPOP only has 10-hour parking and they will be looking to ticket any who go over time.
- Cancellation policy: In order to receive a refund reservation must be cancelled by guest at least 48 hours prior to your departure date. Sleigh ride tickets are non-refundable once purchased.